Flammables and explosives are some of the most dangerous materials used in a laboratory. When working with these substances, employees need to know their characteristics, as well as how to prevent accidents and injuries when using them.
This training course on flammables and explosives in the laboratory discusses the nature of flammable and explosive materials, as well as hazards associated with their use. It also reviews the proper handling procedures and personal protective equipment that should be used when working with these substances.
Flammables & Explosives in the Lab Training Course Topic Overview
- Definitions of flammables and explosives.
- Conditions that can create hazards.
- The role of ventilation in preventing problems.
- Transporting flammables and explosives.
- Storage considerations.
- Using compressed gases.
- Emergency planning.
- Disposing of flammables and explosives.
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials to run a successful training class with little to no prep time, including:
- Flammables & Explosives in the Lab Training Video developed by industry experts
- Flammables & Explosives in the Lab training leader’s guide
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
After completing this coursework, your employees will understand the fire and explosive hazards present in the laboratory, as well as considerations to protect themselves and their co-workers through proper handling procedures and personal protective equipment.
Who should take this course?
Employees, supervisors, and managers who work in a laboratory setting where compressed gas is used. This training is suitable for new hire orientation, refresher training, or to train the trainer.
This program is available in English or Spanish. The DVD is available individually or as part of NSC’s 12-program Laboratory Safety Series.