Many of the materials used in laboratories give off fumes, mists, vapors, particulates or aerosols which are hazardous. To minimize exposure to these materials, special precautions need to be taken, often through the use of laboratory hoods.
This training course on laboratory hoods seeks to emphasize how to properly use laboratory hoods, test them to ensure they are functioning correctly, and discuss how hoods can protect experiments, facilities and employees from dangerous particulates and aerosols.
Laboratory Hoods Training Course Topic Overview
- Why laboratory hoods are needed.
- Protections afforded by hoods.
- Various types of hoods found in laboratories.
- How hoods function mechanically.
- Proper use of laboratory hoods.
- Testing and maintenance.
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials to run a successful training class with little to no prep time, including:
- Laboratory Hoods Training Video developed by industry experts
- Laboratory Hoods training leader’s guide
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
After completing this coursework, your employees will understand the risks and hazards associated with compressed gases and how to protect themselves from their unique hazards.
Who should take this course?
Employees, supervisors, and managers who work in a laboratory setting where compressed gas is used. This training is suitable for new hire orientation, refresher training, or to train the trainer.
This program is available in English or Spanish. The DVD is available individually or as part of NSC’s 12-program Laboratory Safety Series.