In a laboratory, emergency situations can come on suddenly and explosively. Unexpected reactions from experiments, mishandling of hazardous materials, or equipment failures can all lead to emergencies that require fast thinking and preparedness. In these situations, it’s important that employees be prepared with a plan for what to do, who to contact, and how to act in case of an emergency.
This training course on planning for laboratory emergencies discusses how to minimize damage and prevent injuries if a laboratory emergency occurs. It is designed to help your employees understand the importance of safety plans, alarms, and evacuation procedures.
Planning for Lab Emergencies Training Course Topic Overview
- The Emergency Plan.
- Types of emergencies occurring in laboratories.
- Alarms and warning systems.
- Contacting outside agencies.
- Fires, explosions and chemical spills
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials to run a successful training class with little to no prep time, including:
- Planning for Laboratory Emergencies Training Video developed by industry experts
- Planning for Laboratory Emergencies training leader’s guide
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
After completing this training your employees will have a base-level understanding of emergency preparedness. This training works best when used in conjunction with your workplace-specific safety plan.
Who should take this course?
Employees, supervisors, and managers who work in a laboratory setting can all benefit from this training. This training is suitable for new hire orientation, refresher training, or to train the trainer.
This program is available in English or Spanish. The DVD is available individually or as part of NSC’s 12-program Laboratory Safety Series.