Work in a laboratory can cause excess strain and stress on muscles and joints through repetitive movements, heavy lifting, and poor posture. Over time, these movements can lead to painful musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs) like carpal tunnel, tendonitis, degenerative disc disease and other injuries that can last a lifetime.
To safely work and maintain good ergonomic health, employees need to understand how to avoid potentially dangerous movements and maintain good ergonomic health. This training course on Laboratory Ergonomics will discuss how to setup work areas correctly and minimize strain while using laboratory equipment.
Laboratory Ergonomics Training Course Topic Overview
- Parts of the body most susceptible to ergonomic problems.
- Arranging work areas to minimize stress and strain.
- Working from “neutral” positions.
- Most and least stressful types of body movements.
- Proper lifting techniques.
- Effective stretching exercises.
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials to run a successful training class with little to no prep time, including:
- Laboratory Ergonomics Training Video developed by industry experts
- Laboratory Ergonomics training leader’s guide
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
After completing this training, your employees will understand how to properly manage their workspace, posture, and movements to repetitive stress or overuse injuries.
Who should take this course?
All employees, supervisors, and managers who work in a laboratory setting can benefit from this training. This training is suitable for new hire orientation, refresher training, or to train the trainer.
This program is available in English or Spanish. The DVD is available individually or as part of NSC’s 12-program Laboratory Safety Series.