Musculoskeletal Disorders or MSDs make up a large number of workplace injury claims, especially in industrial, manufacturing and construction work. The cost including financial, physical and emotional, associated with MSDs, is much greater than the cost would be to prevent the injury.
Ergonomics is the process of designing work areas to be user friendly, using tools and equipment to reduce strain and/or repetitive motions and teaching employees proper work methods, correct posture and safe lifting techniques. Proper training in body form and ergonomics can help prevent painful and sometimes debilitating strain on your employees.
Industrial Ergonomics Training Class Topic Overview:
- Symptoms of MSDs
- Health Effects
- Identifying Problems
- Ways to Control or Reduce Hazards
- Risk Factors and Controls
- Ergonomics Training
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials for running successful training class, including:
- 21-minute Industrial Ergonomics Safety Training Video
- Industrial Ergonomics PowerPoint Presentation for classroom use
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
- Industrial Ergonomics supplemental printouts
Those who complete this program should be able to navigate their work positions with a solid understanding of the hazards of MSDs and how to practice ergonomics while working.
Who should take this course?
This course is appropriate for safety managers, supervisors and management in manufacturing, general industry or construction and for all employees who work highly physical industry jobs. It is also suitable for use to train the trainer or as a refresher course.
The following are previews of the Industrial Ergonomics Training videos: