An estimated 5 million workers are required to wear respirators in 1.3 million workplaces throughout the United States. Respirators protect workers against insufficient oxygen environments, harmful dusts, fogs, smokes, mists, gases, vapors, and sprays. These hazards may cause cancer, lung impairment, diseases, or death. Compliance with the OSHA Respiratory Protection Standard could avert hundreds of deaths and thousands of illnesses annually.
Proper fit and use of a respirator is crucial for protecting your employees from contaminants or low oxygen. Our training course will help your staff understand the importance of respirators, how to choose the right one for the job, and how to understand a respiratory protection program.
Respiratory Safety Training Class Topic Overview:
- Respiratory Protection Program
- Voluntary Use of Respirators
- Selection of Respirators
- Types of Respirators
- Immediately Dangerous to Life or Health (IDLH)
- Medical Evaluations
- Fit Testing
- User Seal Check
- Maintenance & Care
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials for running successful training with minimal prep, including:
- 30 Minute Respiratory Safety Training Video
- Respiratory Safety PowerPoint Presentation for classroom use
- OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.134 compliant content
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
- Respiratory Safety Supplemental Documents
After completing this training, your workforce will understand why and how to implement the use of respirators to protect themselves from exposure or lack of oxygen, as well as understand the basics of fit testing and maintenance.
Who should take this course?
All new workers in construction, healthcare, manufacturing, or general industry where their duties involve working with or close to respiratory hazards. This training is also suitable for members of management, supervisors, to train the trainer and for refresher courses.