Hazardous materials and waste are part of many work situations and job sites. OSHA determined the hazards are so great for these types of materials that employees must be trained to recognize dangerous substances, their hazards, and how to handle and dispose of them properly if they work in an area where they are handled frequently.
In 1976, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) to regulate the handling of hazardous waste “from cradle to grave”. Since then, other regulations have followed, including OSHA’s 29 CFR 1910.120, also known as HAZWOPER. This set of regulations dictates that training should be comprehensive and specialized to each workers’ involvement with hazardous materials.
This training course on respiratory protection is designed to help employees understand how the use of respiratory protection can help to reduce or eliminate potential exposure to hazardous materials in their work environments.
HAZWOPER: Respiratory Protection DVD Features
- When respirators are needed.
- Basic types of respirators.
- Classifications of respirator filters.
- Supplied Air Respirators (SARs).
- Self-Contained Breathing Apparatuses (SCBAs).
- Proper fit-testing of respirators.
- Cleaning and maintenance of respirators.
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials to run a successful training class with little to no prep time, including:
- HAZWOPER: Respiratory Protection Training Video developed by industry experts
- HAZWOPER: Respiratory Protection training leader’s guide
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
After completing this coursework, your employees will understand the importance of respiratory protection equipment and how to utilize it to protect themselves from hazardous materials.
Who should take this course?
Any worker who is exposed to hazardous substances as part of their job, their supervisors, management staff and the HAZMAT Incident Command Center. This training course is also suitable for refresher training and to train the trainer.