Hazardous materials and waste are common in a myriad of work roles and facilities. It is important for all employees who are frequently at risk of exposure to understand the health and environmental risks of these dangerous substances. To ensure this, OSHA requires employees to receive comprehensive training on HAZWOPER under 29 CFR 1910.120.
As part of the HAZWOPER regulations, there are several requirements for employee training that depends on the specific level of involvement with hazardous materials.
This training course is designed to help employees to understand the nature and behavior of hazardous chemicals, and how to reduce or eliminate potential exposure to hazardous materials in their work environments through the use of work practices and engineering controls.
HAZWOPER: Work Practices & Engineering Controls DVD Features
- General HAZMAT work practices.
- The Site Safety and Health Plan.
- Responsibilities of the Site Safety and Health Officer.
- General HAZMAT engineering controls.
- Ventilation systems.
- Remote-controlled equipment.
- The use of eyewash stations.
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials to run a successful training class with little to no prep time, including:
- HAZWOPER: Work Practices & Engineering Controls Training Video developed by industry experts
- HAZWOPER: Work Practices & Engineering Controls training leader’s guide
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
After completing this coursework, your employees will understand the risks and hazards associated with compressed gases and how to protect themselves from their unique hazards.
Who should take this course?
Any worker who is exposed to hazardous substances as part of their job, their supervisors, management staff and the HAZMAT Incident Command Center. This training course is also suitable for refresher training and to train the trainer.