According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, there are about 2,000 job related eye injuries that occur every workday. Approximately 1/3 of these injuries require a trip to the hospital emergency room and more than 100 result in time loss from work. An eye injury is a serious problem. As with most injuries, eye injuries could be prevented with the proper controls, protection and some common sense.
The purpose of this training is to familiarize your staff with good eye safety practices. Workplace hazards can lead to sudden and unexpected eye injuries when protective measures aren’t taken.
This training will cover appropriate OSHA-approved personal protective equipment and how to use it, as well as how to assess eye danger in various situations appropriately.
Eye Safety Training Class Topic Overview:
- Potential eye hazards
- Hazard assessment
- Eye safety protection program
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials for running a successful training class, including:
- 23-minute Eye Safety training video written by industry professionals
- Eye Safety PowerPoint Presentation for classroom use
- OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.33 & .252 & 1926.102* compliant content
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
- Eye safety supplement printout
After completing this training, your employees will be certified in understanding concepts covered in OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.33 & .252 & 1926.102. They should exhibit understanding of best practices to recognize eye hazards and injury mitigation.
Who should take this course?
Any worker in construction, manufacturing, or industrial settings during general orientation or as a refresher course. This training is also suitable for refresher courses and to train the trainer.
The following are free previews of the Eye Safety Training videos: