Hazardous materials are common in many workplaces, so much so that it is mandated by OSHA for anyone who works near or with these substances must receive comprehensive training on material hazards and safety protocols.
In 1976, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) to regulate the handling of hazardous waste “from cradle to grave”. Since then, other regulations have followed, including OSHA’s 29 CFR 1910.120, also known as HAZWOPER. As part of these regulations, there are varying requirements for employee training, depending on an employee’s specific level of involvement with hazardous materials.
This training course is designed to explain the regulations and to help employees begin to reduce or eliminate potential exposure to hazardous materials in their work environments.
HAZWOPER: Understanding HAZWOPER DVD Features
- History of the HAZWOPER regulations.
- Definitions of hazardous chemicals and waste.
- Container labels and Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs).
- The Site Safety and Health Plan.
- HAZWOPER training requirements.
- The Site Control Program.
- Monitoring of hazardous substances.
- The Medical Surveillance Program.
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials to run a successful training class with little to no prep time, including:
- HAZWOPER: Understanding HAZWOPER Training Video developed by industry experts
- HAZWOPER: Understanding HAZWOPER training leader’s guide
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
After completing this coursework, your employees should general knowledge about the HAZWOPER regulations.
Who should take this course?
Any worker who is exposed to hazardous substances as part of their job, their supervisors, management staff and the HAZMAT Incident Command Center. This training course is also suitable for refresher training and to train the trainer.