Hazardous materials and waste are common in a myriad of work roles and facilities. It is important for all employees who are frequently at risk of exposure to understand the health and environmental risks of these dangerous substances. To ensure this, OSHA requires employees to receive comprehensive training on HAZWOPER under 29 CFR 1910.120.
As part of the HAZWOPER regulations, there are several requirements for employee training that depends on the specific level of involvement with hazardous materials.
This HAZWOPER training course on personal protective equipment and decontamination procedures will help your employees on the appropriate use of personal protective equipment (such as chemical protective clothing) as well as how to remove contaminants that accumulate on clothing and equipment.
HAZWOPER: PPE & Decontamination Procedures DVD
- Safe work practices
- Engineering controls
- Levels of personal protection
- Heat stress
- The need for decontamination
- The Contamination Reduction Corridor (CRC)
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials to run a successful training class with little to no prep time, including:
- HAZWOPER: PPE & Decontamination Procedures Video developed by industry experts
- HAZWOPER: PPE & Decontamination Procedures training leader’s guide
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
After completing this coursework, your employees will understand proper decontamination procedures and protocols, as well as how and when to use personal protective equipment at work.
Who should take this course?
Any worker who is exposed to hazardous substances as part of their job, their supervisors, management staff and the HAZMAT Incident Command Center. This training course is also suitable for refresher training and to train the trainer.