Hazardous materials and waste are part of many work situations types of facilities. OSHA determined that it is important for employees to recognize and understand the health and environmental risks of these potentially dangerous substances and mandated that anyone who works with them receive comprehensive training under 29 CFR 1910.120, also known as HAZWOPER.
As part of the HAZWOPER regulations, there are several requirements for employee training that depends on the specific level of involvement with hazardous materials.
Our HAZWOPER: 40-Hour Training Package provides your employees with a comprehensive look at the major areas covered by OSHA’s HAZWOPER regulations in a series of twenty educational programs.
HAZWOPER: Complete 40-Hour Training Package Features
- Understanding HAZWOPER
- The Emergency Response Plan
- The Site Safety and Health Plan
- HAZMAT Labeling
- Confined Space Entry
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Medical Surveillance Programs
- Monitoring Procedures and Equipment
- Accidental Release Measures and Spill Cleanup Procedures
- ANSI MSDS
- Understanding Chemical Hazards
- Handling Hazardous Materials
- Work Practices and Engineering Controls
- Respiratory Protection
- Fire Prevention
- Dealing with the Media in Emergency Situations
- Safety Orientation
- Electrical Safety in HAZMAT Environments
- Heat Stress
- Decontamination Procedures
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials to run a successful training class with little to no prep time, including:
- 20 Training Videos for a complete 40-Hour HAZWOPER Training Course developed by industry experts
- HAZWOPER 40-Hour Training leader’s guide
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
After completing this coursework, your employees will be certified as trained in a 40 hour HAZWOPER program and be able to demonstrate understanding of hazardous materials in the workplace.
Who should take this course?
Any worker who is exposed to hazardous substances as part of their job, their supervisors, management staff and the HAZMAT Incident Command Center. This training course is also suitable for refresher training and to train the trainer.