Hazardous materials and waste are part of many work situations and job sites. OSHA determined the hazards are so great for these types of materials that employees must be trained to recognize dangerous substances, their hazards, and how to handle and dispose of them properly if they work in an area where they are handled frequently.
In 1976, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) to regulate the handling of hazardous waste “from cradle to grave”. Since then, other regulations have followed, including OSHA’s 29 CFR 1910.120, also known as HAZWOPER. This set of regulations dictates that training should be comprehensive and specialized to each workers’ involvement with hazardous materials.
Our 8-hour annual HAZWOPER Refresher training course satisfies OSHA requirements for annual retraining on HAZWOPER regulations and guidelines.
HAZWOPER: 8-Hour Annual Retraining Package
- Introduction to HAZWOPER Retraining
- HAZWOPER: Understanding Chemical Hazards
- HAZWOPER: Personal Protective Equipment and Decontamination Procedures
- HAZWOPER: Exposure Monitoring and Medical Surveillance
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials to run a successful training class with little to no prep time, including:
- 4 HAZWOPER training DVDs developed by industry experts
- HAZWOPER training leader’s guides
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
After completing this coursework, your employees will understand have refreshed knowledge and understanding of working with hazardous materials and the HAZWOPER regulations.
Who should take this course?
Any worker who is exposed to hazardous substances as part of their job, their supervisors, management staff and the HAZMAT Incident Command Center in need of annual refresher training. This training course is also suitable for use to train the trainer.