Laboratory work is fascinating but everyday your workers are tasked with performing work quickly and efficiently near numerous workplace dangers and hazards.
This orientation is designed to give new employees and those who need a refresher a basic overview of safety practices in a laboratory. This program not only instills good safety practices within your employees but gives them a good understanding of OSHA regulations and emergency preparedness.
Orientation to Lab Safety Course Topic Overview
- OSHA regulations.
- Material Safety Data Sheets (MSDSs).
- Planning safe experiments.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Ventilation controls.
- Chemical storage.
- Accidents and emergencies.
- Waste disposal.
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials to run a successful training class with little to no prep time, including:
- Laboratory Safety Orientation Training Video developed by industry experts
- Laboratory Safety in the Lab training leader’s guide
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
After completing this coursework, new and veteran employees should exhibit good safety attitudes and understand some of the unique hazards of the laboratory, as well as OSHA workplace regulations.
Who should take this course?
Employees, supervisors, and managers who work in a laboratory setting. This program is suitable for new hires, refresher training or to train the trainer.
This program is available in English or Spanish. The DVD is available individually or as part of NSC’s 12-program Laboratory Safety Series.