Today, laboratories rely on a vast array of electrically powered equipment. To work safely with this equipment, employees need to understand how electricity works, be aware of common electrical hazards and know how to use electricity safely.
MARCOM’s training products on “Electrical Safety in the Laboratory” emphasize the need for safety when using electricity and discuss how to reduce the potential for accidents involving electrical shock, fire and explosions.
Electrical Safety in the Lab Training Course Topic Overview:
- How electricity works.
- Common electrical hazards.
- Fuses, circuit breakers and grounding.
- Using and maintaining electrical equipment.
- Accidents and emergency procedures.
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials to run a successful training class with little to no prep time, including:
- Electrical Safety in the Lab Training Video developed by industry experts
- Electrical Safety in the Lab training leader’s guide
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
After completing this coursework, your employees will understand the risks and hazards associated with electricity in the laboratory and be able to navigate these hazards safely.
Who should take this course?
Employees, supervisors, and managers who work in a laboratory setting. This training is suitable for new hire orientation, refresher training, or to train the trainer.
This program is available in English or Spanish. The DVD is available individually or as part of NSC’s 12-program Laboratory Safety Series.