Electricity is so common in our homes and workplaces that we normally don’t think twice about using it. But electricity kills and injures thousands of people every year, so it’s important to understand its hazards and know how to avoid them.
Electricity poses two major hazards to people who work with it. The most intense is arc flash, a violent release of electrical energy that causes severe injuries and fatalities. The second is shock, which can cause burns, internal injuries, cardiac arrest and even be fatal.
Our training course on Arc Flashes was designed to help your workers understand how to work with electricity safely. In this course, we will discuss dangerous electrical hazards, define an arc flash and provide your workers with the practical skills and procedures needed to protect themselves from incidents that could lead to severe injuries, burns, cardiac arrest and even death.
Arc Flash Safety Training Class Topic Overview:
- Shock and how to avoid it.
- What is arc flash?
- Personal protective equipment.
- Creating an electrically safe condition.
- Avoiding arc flash situations.
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials for running successful training classes, including:
- Arc Flash Safety training video written by industry professionals
- Arc Flash Safety PowerPoint Presentation for classroom use
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
- Supplemental Documents
After completing this course, your workers will understand how to protect themselves from minor and major electrical hazards through sound procedures and personal protective equipment.
Who should take this course?
Any new or seasoned employees who work with or in the vicinity of electrical work and maintenance. This training is also suitable for refresher training or to train the trainer.