On most construction sites and in many industrial settings, cranes are a common site. Cranes make it possible to lift and move heavy loads which might otherwise be impossible. Cranes allow heavy objects and supplies to be lifted to the tops of buildings, moved from one place to another and lifted over other structures.
Rigging is the most critical part of crane operations. Rigging is the preparation of materials, supplies, equipment or other items, for lifting by the crane. Rigging involves making sure the type and capacity of the crane and the rigging equipment used is appropriate for the load. Rigging also involves balancing and securing the load to be lifted. Improper rigging of a load or failure of the rigging equipment can result in property damage, personnel injury, and even death. Our course on crane rigging will serve as a good foundation for workers who will be rigging materials onto cranes, as well as those who work in the vicinity.
This training includes important safety protocols and practices that, when properly implemented, can help mitigate worksite hazards.
Crane Rigging Safety Training Class Topic Overview:
- Safety measures during pre-lift
- Crane rigging hazards
- Identifying and using rigging equipment
- Safe rigging practices
- Lifting and landing loads
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials for running successful training, including:
- 15-minute Crane Rigging Safety Training Video written by industry professionals
- Crane Rigging Safety PowerPoint Presentation for classroom use
- OSHA standard compliant content
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
- Crane Safety supplemental printouts
After completing this training, workers will be certified in crane rigging and will be ready to practice proper rigging techniques in the field safely.
Who should take this course?
New employees or workers who work around cranes in construction, transportation, or general industry. This course is also suitable for refresher training or to train the trainer.
The following are free previews of the Intro to Crane – Rigging Safety Training videos: