The COVID-19 pandemic has changed the way many of us look at workplace hygiene. While before it was commonplace to let a cold run through a facility or to come to work sick, this culture has now dramatically shifted. Pandemic planning is based on traditional infection prevention and industrial hygiene practices, focusing on engineering, administrative, and work practice controls, and personal protective equipment use. Employers and employees should use this training guide to help identify risk levels in workplace settings, determine any appropriate control measures to implement, and take the necessary steps to protect your workers and their families.
Workplace Infectious Disease Control Training Class Topic Overview:
- COVID-19 information
- Resources for current information
- Steps to reduce workplace exposure
- Identify and isolate sick employees or others at the workplace
- Implement workplace controls
- Following existing OSHA standards
- Classifying worker exposure to infectious diseases
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials for running successful training with minimal prep, including:
- 17-minute Pandemic Preparedness Training Video
- Pandemic Preparedness PowerPoint Presentation for classroom use
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-in Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
- Pandemic Preparedness supplemental documents
Employees and managers who take this course will be able to work together to spot potential disease-spreading risks throughout the workplace. Employees will also understand quarantine control measures and other preparation steps to minimize exposure.
Who should take this course?
Employees in all industries, especially construction, manufacturing, warehouses, general industry, and clerical.
The following are free previews of the Workplace Infectious Disease Control Safety Training videos: