In the janitorial field, employees are the most important part of any safety program. They may come across unique and possibly fatal hazards every day, often times while working alone. To educate them about the potential safety hazards they may encounter on a daily basis and to help train you to perform your job duties safely are the main purposes behind this training program.
This program is not a comprehensive training program for each topic covered. Its purpose is to provide an accurate but brief overview of the various topics discussed. Your duty as an employer is to provide more in-depth training on the safety hazards and topics specific to your facility that require a more thorough knowledge.
Janitorial Safety Orientation Training Class Topic Overview:
- Safety Mindset
- Slips, Trips & Falls
- Back Safety
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Hazard Communication
- Fire Safety
- Electrical Safety
- First Aid
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials for running successful training with minimal prep, including:
- 16 Minute Safety Orientation for Janitorial Services Training Video
- Safety Orientation for Janitorial Services PowerPoint Presentation for classroom use
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
- Workplace Safety supplemental documents
At the end of this course, your employees should have a good baseline understanding of safety hazards and precautions in the janitorial field.
Who should take this course?
This course is suitable for housekeeping, sanitation and janitorial staff in all industries. This training is also a great resource for managers and supervisors, refresher courses or train the trainer.