Workplace illness takes the lives of thousands of workers each year. Respirable crystalline silica is a very dangerous hazardous mineral to which many workers are exposed. Approximately 2.3 million workers are exposed to crystalline silica and OSHA estimates about 40% of these workers are exposed to silica levels which exceed the current permissible exposure levels. OSHA sets and enforces standards which provide protection to the nations’ workers.
This training program will look at key points of the OSHA standard regarding respirable crystalline silica and help you protect yourself and your workers from the hazards associated with it. This course covers a basic definition of crystalline silica, as well as silica awareness training, how to recognize silica exposure and respiratory steps to take for protection.
Respirable Crystalline Silica for Construction Safety Training Class Topic Overview:
- What is Crystalline Silica
- Silica exposure control plan
- Exposure assessment
- Methods of compliance
- Respiratory protection
- Medical surveillance
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials for running successful training with minimal prep, including:
- 17 Minute Respirable Crystalline Silica for Construction Training Video
- Respirable Crystalline Silica for Construction PowerPoint Presentation for classroom use
- OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1926.1153, 1910.134 compliant content
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
- Respirable Crystalline Silica for Construction Supplemental Documents
After completing this training, your workforce will understand how to recognize potential respirable silica exposures, when they should use respiratory protection and how to clean up after an exposure.
Who should take this course?
All new construction workers. This training is also suitable for use to train management, supervisors, train the trainer and as a refresher course.