The topic of workplace sexual harassment has recently garnered much attention in the national news, media, social media platforms, and in the political arena. A cultural shift has and is occurring, pushing many changes forward on the way people perceive sexual harassment and how it should be handled within a workplace setting. Under federal law, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and many state laws, harassment is prohibited in the workplace. harassment is an unwelcome conduct that is based on race, color, religion, sex – including pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, or genetic information.
This 16-page booklet is an excellent resource to complement our training course, and addresses the following areas:
- Definition of sexual harassment
- Types of sexual harassment
- Sex stereotyping
- Effects of sexual harassment
- Inappropriate conduct & behavior
- Where can harassment occur?
- Potential victims & harassers
- Preventing sexual harassment
- Actions to take