While formaldehyde is used in many laboratory operations, it is also significant health hazard when not correctly handled. The results of mishandling formaldehyde can range from the short-term discomfort associated with minor burns or skin irritation to chronic effects from a lifetime of overexposure.
This training course provides training that covers the topics required in the OSHA Formaldehyde standard. The coursework focuses on the rules and procedures your employees must know and you as an employer must implement when working with this potentially dangerous chemical. Available in English.
OSHA Formaldehyde Standard Lab Training Course Topic Overview
- Potential health hazards associated with formaldehyde.
- Testing for Permissible Exposure Limits (PEL).
- Labeling and Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Hoods and other ventilation systems.
- Personal protective equipment.
- Spill clean-up and decontamination procedures.
- First aid.
- The Medical Surveillance Plan
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials to run a successful training class with little to no prep time, including:
- Formaldehyde Standard Training Video developed by industry experts
- Formaldehyde Standard training leader’s guide
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
After this coursework, employees will understand how to work with formaldehyde safely and the safety risks of mishandling this hazardous chemical.
Who should take this course?
Employees, supervisors, and managers who work in a laboratory setting where formaldehyde is used. This training is suitable for new hire orientation, refresher training, or to train the trainer.
This program is available in English or Spanish. The DVD is available individually or as part of NSC’s 12-program Laboratory Safety Series.