A laboratory can be a dangerous place, but with the daily pressures to get things done, employees can be tempted to take shortcuts and ignore safety precautions. At the same time, with the increasing complexity of the equipment and procedures involved in experiments, employees need an even greater knowledge of safety practices that they may have had in the past.
This 12-Part Laboratory Safety Series from NSC shows both new employees and seasoned professionals who need a refresher the importance of safety in the laboratory. The programs review OSHA regulations, cover the use of specific equipment, and stress the importance of using good safety practices.
NSC’s 12-Part Laboratory Safety Training Course Topic Overview
Click on the title below for a two-minute preview video:
- Orientation to Laboratory Safety
- Safety Showers and Eye Washes in the Lab
- Flammables and Explosives in the Lab
- OSHA Formaldehyde Standard
- Electrical Safety in the Lab
- Laboratory Ergonomics
- Laboratory Hoods
- Preventing Contamination in the Lab
- Safe Handling of Laboratory Glassware
- Planning for Laboratory Emergencies
- Handling Compressed Gas Cylinders
- GHS Safety Data Sheets in the Lab
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials to run a successful training class with little to no prep time, including:
- 12 laboratory safety videos developed by industry experts
- 12 laboratory safety training leader’s guides
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
After completing this coursework, your employees will be well equipped to handle the unique hazards of a laboratory work environment. Your employees will gain crucial understanding of laboratory safety practices, understand how to utilize Safety Data Sheets, how to work around hazardous tools and materials, identify unsafe situations, and manage emergencies within the lab.
Who should take this course?
Employees, supervisors, and managers who work in a laboratory setting, including new employees for orientation and seasoned employees as a refresher. This coursework is also suitable for use to train the trainer.
This program is available in English or Spanish. The DVD is available individually or as part of NSC’s 12-program Laboratory Safety Series.