Many workers are at risk of heat stress due to extreme heat conditions during the course of their workday. Heat exposure can lead to illness like heat exhaustion, injuries and even death. Extreme heat can also increase the risk of workers injuring themselves and others due to not being able to perform their work duties safely.
This training program on heat encourages employees to have a positive attitude about heat fatigue safety, learn the symptoms of heat exhaustion and how to recognize if their body is overheating to prevent heat fatigue.
Heat Stress Safety Training Class Topic Overview:
- Heat stress definitions
- Body Cooling Systems
- Heat Stress
- Heat-Related Illnesses & Treatment
- Heat Index
- Prevention & Protection
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials for running successful training class, including:
- 18-minute Heat Stress Safety Training Video developed by industry experts
- Heat Stress Safety PowerPoint Presentation for classroom use for classroom presentation
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
- Heat stress safety supplemental printouts
After completing this training, workers should be aware of heat related illnesses and hazards, how to keep themselves safe in hot environments and how to look for dangerous symptoms in their co-workers.
Who should take this course?
Any employee in manufacturing, warehouse, construction or general industry who works in hot or extreme heat conditions.
The following are previews of the Heat Stress Safety Training videos: