Hazardous materials and waste are common in a myriad of work roles and facilities. It is important for all employees who are frequently at risk of exposure to understand the health and environmental risks of these dangerous substances. To ensure this, OSHA requires employees to receive comprehensive training on HAZWOPER under 29 CFR 1910.120.
As part of the HAZWOPER regulations, there are several requirements for employee training that depends on the specific level of involvement with hazardous materials.
This training course is designed to help employees understand how to reduce or eliminate potential exposure to hazardous materials in their work environments.
HAZWOPER: Safety Orientation DVD Features
- Preparing for working with hazardous materials.
- Avoiding bad mental habits and complacency.
- Working at the right pace.
- Controlling emotions.
- Adjusting to the limitations of personal protective equipment.
- Mental discipline.
- Acquiring information you need to work safely.
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials to run a successful training class with little to no prep time, including:
- HAZWOPER: Safety Orientation Training Video developed by industry experts
- HAZWOPER: Safety Orientation training leader’s guide
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
After completing this coursework, your employees will understand the basic safety protocols for working with or around hazardous materials, as well as be encouraged to keep safety in mind.
Who should take this course?
Any new worker who is exposed to hazardous substances as part of their job, their supervisors, management staff and the HAZMAT Incident Command Center. This training course is also suitable for refresher training and to train the trainer.