Hazardous materials and waste are common in a myriad of work roles and facilities. It is important for all employees who are frequently at risk of exposure to understand the health and environmental risks of these dangerous substances. To ensure this, OSHA requires employees to receive comprehensive training on HAZWOPER under 29 CFR 1910.120.
As part of the HAZWOPER regulations, there are several requirements for employee training that depends on the specific level of involvement with hazardous materials.
This training course on HAZWOPER: Handling Hazardous Materials will help your employees understand the nature and behavior of hazardous chemicals and how to reduce or eliminate potential exposure to hazardous materials in their work environments.
HAZWOPER: Handling Hazardous Materials DVD Features
- Physical hazards.
- Corrosives and irritants.
- Toxic substances and carcinogens.
- Acute and chronic health effects.
- Container labels and MSDSs.
- Basic first aid for injuries caused by chemicals.
- Emergency response.
- Spillage/leakage/accident procedures.
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials to run a successful training class with little to no prep time, including:
- Handling Hazardous Materials Training Video developed by industry experts
- Handling Hazardous Materials training leader’s guide
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
After completing this coursework, your employees will understand how to safely handle hazardous materials and what to do in the event of a spill or emergency.
Who should take this course?
Any worker who is exposed to hazardous substances as part of their job, their supervisors, management staff and the HAZMAT Incident Command Center. This training course is also suitable for refresher training and to train the trainer.