Hazardous materials and waste are part of many work situations and job sites. OSHA determined the hazards are so great for these types of materials that employees must be trained to recognize dangerous substances, their hazards, and how to handle and dispose of them properly if they work in an area where they are handled frequently.
In 1976, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) issued the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) to regulate the handling of hazardous waste “from cradle to grave”. Since then, other regulations have followed, including OSHA’s 29 CFR 1910.120, also known as HAZWOPER. This set of regulations dictates that training should be comprehensive and specialized to each workers’ involvement with hazardous materials.
Our training course on HAZWOPER: Confined Space Entry will help your employees understand how to reduce their exposure to hazardous materials in confined space work environments.
HAZWOPER: Confined Space Entry DVD Features
- Definitions of confined spaces
- Hazards encountered in confined spaces
- OSHA’s Permit-Space Entry Program
- Duties and responsibilities of the entry team
- Atmospheric testing
- Protecting entrants in hazardous atmospheres
- The use of lifelines in rescue operations
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials to run a successful training class with little to no prep time, including:
- HAZWOPER Confined Space Entry Training Video developed by industry experts
- Confined Space Entry training leader’s guide
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
After completing this coursework, your employees will understand the risks and hazards associated with hazardous materials in confined workspaces.
Who should take this course?
Any worker who is exposed to hazardous substances as part of their job, their supervisors, management staff and the HAZMAT Incident Command Center. This training course is also suitable for refresher training and to train the trainer.