Tools are a common part of our everyday lives. We use hand and power tools at home and work for a variety of reasons. Work tools are very useful but can also be very dangerous. Anyone that has had a wrench slip from a bolt and scraped their knuckles or hammered their finger instead of the nail knows the pain that can occur from a simple mishap. Unfortunately, more serious injuries can and do occur with the use of such tools. The purpose of this training course is to provide information about some basic safety rules, procedures and safeguards associated with hand and power tools. By being more aware of the possible dangers and hazards of working with such tools, your workers can more easily avoid or eliminate tool-related accidents.
Hand & Power Tools Training Class Topic Overview:
- Tool Dangers & Hazards
- General Safety Precautions
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Controls & Switches
- Hand tools
- Overview of types of power tools, including:
- Powered Tools
- Electrical Tools
- Pneumatic Tools
- Powder-Actuated Tools
- Hydraulic Power Tools
- Abrasive Wheels & Tools
- Medical Emergency
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials for running successful training class, including:
- 18-minute Hand and Power Tool Safety Training Video developed by industry experts
- Hand & Power Tool Safety PowerPoint Presentation for classroom use
- OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910 & 1926 as applicable compliant content
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
- Hand & Power Tool Safety supplemental printouts
After completing this training, workers will be certified they understand the hand and power tool portions of OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910 and 1926, as well as be able to navigate tool hazards and demonstrate proper safety technique while at work.
Who should take this course?
Any employees who will work with or around tools and power tools. This training is suitable for new hire orientation or for refresher courses, as well as for use to train the trainer.
The following are free previews of the Hand & Power Tool Safety Training videos: