Workplaces have many areas where hazards or possible hazards are present. Too often employees just “go through the motions” when working and forget to stay alert to their surroundings. Safety in the workplace starts with having the right attitude about safety and taking the right steps to prevent safety incidents.
This training course is designed to make you aware of just a few of the possible hazards which you might encounter at work. It is a quick overview to provide you with some basic understanding of each area and to set you on the right path towards a safe and healthy workday.
Our safety orientation course is an excellent resource for new hires in any industry. It is designed to foster positive safety attitudes and raise awareness of potential workplace hazards and emergencies.
General Safety Orientation Training Class Topic Overview:
- Safety Attitudes and working safely
- Introductory information on these common topics:
- Slips, Trips & Falls
- Back Injuries
- Fire Safety
- First Aid
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials for running successful training with minimal prep, including:
- 21 Minute Safety Orientation Training Video
- Safety Orientation PowerPoint Presentation for classroom use
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
- Safety orientation supplemental documents
After completing this training, your workers will have a good foundation of knowledge of general hazards and how to navigate the workplace with safety in mind.
Who should take this course?
All new workers in general industry positions. This training is also suitable for members of management, supervisors, to train the trainer and for refresher courses.