Forklifts and other powered industrial trucks are a necessary for many companies. They are powerful tools that can save your company time and money. The qualities that make them useful also make them dangerous for both forklift drivers and the workers that perform duties in their vicinity. Most of these incidents can be prevented with proper training and retraining when necessary. This training program will highlight different areas of forklift safety rules and operation in general industry settings. It is imperative that employees fully understand all aspects of forklift operations, the different circumstances and situations regarding their work environment, and the exact type of forklift trucks they will be using. This forklift safety program covers all topics needed to comply with classroom portion of the training regulations for OSHA forklift certification.
Forklift Operator Safety Training Class Topic Overview:
- Forklift Types and Classes
- Forklift Training Requirements
- Forklift General Requirements
- Power Sources
- High Tiering
- Truck Trailers and Railroad Cars
- Workplace Conditions
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials for running successful training class, including:
- 25-minute Forklift Operator Safety training video developed by industry specialists
- Forklift Safety PowerPoint Presentation for classroom use
- OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.178 content compliant
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
- Forklift Operator Safety Training supplemental printouts
After completing this training workers will be certified in the classroom portion of OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.178 and show a solid understanding of basic forklift operation and safety principles.
Who should take this course?
New construction employees who work with or near forklifts, and new forklift operators. This training is also suitable for use to train the trainer or for refresher training.