All excavations are hazardous because they are inherently unstable. Workers can be seriously injured or killed if the sides of a trench collapse. Unsafe trenches are the major factor in many trenching hazards. Trenches don’t have to be deep for accidents to occur. Digging can be a major cause of concern unless you know proper trenching safety techniques and the OSHA trenching safety rules. This training program was developed to give your workers a solid understanding of the hazards of trenching, excavation and trenching projects, their roles in worksite safety efforts, and methods for protecting themselves and their coworkers.
Excavation and Trenching Safety Training Class Topic Overview:
- Overview of OSHA Standard on Trenching and Excavation
- Hazards of trenching and excavation
- Competent Person Roles and Duties
- Safety Precautions
- Access & Egress
- Excavated Materials (Spoil)
- Confined Spaces
- Mobile Equipment
- Surface Crossing
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials for running a successful training, including:
- 15-minute Excavation and Trenching Safety Video written by industry professionals
- Excavation and Trenching Safety PowerPoint Presentation for classroom use
- OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1926 compliant content
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
- Excavation and trenching supplement printout
After completing this training, your employees will be certified in understanding concepts covered in OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1926. They should exhibit understanding of the importance of an excavation and trenching safety, hazards, and best practices.
Who should take this course?
Any worker who works on or around trenching and excavation projects, as well as members of worksite management and safety planning. This training is also suitable for use as a refresher course or to train the trainer.