Electricity is an essential part of our everyday life. From heating and cooling, computers, tools, televisions and more, electricity makes our world possible. Electricity is so much an integral part of everyday life that we tend to overlook its dangers.
The purpose of this training program is to familiarize workers with best practices when working around electricity, how electricity works, and its hazards.
Electrical Safety Training Class Topic Overview:
- Overview of how electricity works
- Definitions of common electrical terms
- Overview of grounding
- How to avoid electrical shock
- Electrical shock injuries
- Safety rules when working with electricity
- Working with generators safely
- Personal Protective Equipment for electrical work
- Lockout/Tagout and hazardous energy
- What to do in an electrical emergency
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials for running a successful training, including:
- 21-minute Electrical Safety Training Video written by industry professionals
- Electrical Safety Training PowerPoint Presentation for classroom use
- OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1926 Subpart K compliant
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
- Electrical safety supplement printout
After completing this training, your employees will be certified in understanding the OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1926 Subpart K and will have an understanding of how to work around electricity in the workplace safely.
Who should take this course?
Any employee who will work with or near electricity in the workplace, including workers in construction, industrial, and manufacturing settings.