There are many reasons for driving, whether it is commuting to and from work, making a sales call or delivering a product or service. Driving can seem routine, but the road has many hazards. Distracted driving, aggressive driving, driving while intoxicated and driving at excessive speeds can cause severe accidents that change lives in an instance.
Every five seconds an automobile crash occurs, every ten seconds an injury occurs from a crash and every twelve minutes someone dies from an automobile crash. Most of these incidents occur during the workday. Transportation accidents are the leading cause of on-the-job deaths.
While most of your employees already know how to drive, many have taken on careless and distracted habits. Even safe drivers need the occasional refresher on defensive driving, roadway hazards, and safe vehicle operation.
Driving Safety Training Class Topic Overview:
- Importance of safe driving
- Preparing to drive
- How to drive on the freeway
- How to drive on city streets
- Hazards of speeding
- Hazards of drinking and driving
- How to park safely
- What to do in the event of an accident
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials for running a successful training class, including:
- 23-minute Safe Driving Video written by industry professionals
- Driving Safety PowerPoint Presentation for classroom use
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
- Driving safety supplement printout
After completing this training, your employees will understand the importance of safe driving, have an increased awareness of roadway hazards and have basic safe driving tools to utilize while behind the wheel.
Who should take this course?
Any employee who drives company vehicles or operates a motor vehicle during work hours. This training is also suitable for general safety training among all employees, for use as a refresher course or to train the trainer.