According to the CDC, the Delta variant causes more infections and spreads faster than early forms of SARS-CoV-2. The CDC then continues with the following information:
- The Delta variant is more contagious: The Delta variant is highly contagious, nearly twice as contagious as previous variants.
- Some data suggest the Delta variant might cause more severe illness than previous strains in unvaccinated persons. In two different studies from Canada and Scotland, patients infected with the Delta variant were more likely to be hospitalized than patients infected with Alpha or the original virus strains.
- Unvaccinated people remain the greatest concern: Although breakthrough infections happen much less often than infections in unvaccinated people, individuals infected with the Delta variant, including fully vaccinated people with symptomatic breakthrough infections, can transmit it to others. CDC is continuing to assess data on whether fully vaccinated people with asymptomatic breakthrough infections can transmit. However, the greatest risk of transmission is among unvaccinated people who are much more likely to contract, and therefore transmit the virus.
- Fully vaccinated people with Delta variant breakthrough infections can spread the virus to others. However, vaccinated people appear to be infectious for a shorter period: Previous variants typically produced less virus in the body of infected fully vaccinated people (breakthrough infections) than in unvaccinated people. In contrast, the Delta variant seems to produce the same high amount of virus in both unvaccinated and fully vaccinated people. However, like other variants, the amount of virus produced by Delta breakthrough infections in fully vaccinated people also goes down faster than infections in unvaccinated people. This means fully vaccinated people are likely infectious for less time than unvaccinated people.
Package includes the following items:
- Workplace Infectious Disease Control Safety Training Video on USB or DVD ($175.00)
- Workplace Infectious Disease Control Safety Training Booklets Package of 10 ($12.50)
- 6 COVID Posters ($90.00):
- Preparing Workplaces for COVID-19 OSHA Publication Package of 10 ($50.00) – ENGLISH ONLY
- FREE Economy Shipping (Coupon Code: FreeShip)
In order to help employers create a safe and healthy work environment for their employees, for a limited time NSC is offering this package of items at a discounted rate. As the Delta variant continues to spread, now is a great time to train or provide refresher training, to employees in regards to limiting the spread of the disease. This COVID Package includes our Workplace Infectious Disease Control Video which can be previewed below: