Workers in the healthcare industry are at high risk for coming in contact with bloodborne pathogens or BBP. These microorganisms are present in human blood and can infect workers if they come in contact with blood or infectious materials through their skin, eye, mucous membranes or open wound.
This training is an important part of a workplace safety plan that will help all workers in healthcare understand the risks of BBP and how to limit exposure and infections.
Bloodborne Pathogens BBP in Healthcare Training Class Topic Overview:
- Overview of OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.1030
- Bloodborne Pathogen Exposure Control Plans
- Overview of bloodborne diseases
- Preventing exposure in the workplace
- How to use Personal Protective Equipment
- Engineering and work practice controls
- Exposure incident procedures
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials for running successful training, including:
- 18-minute Bloodborne Pathogen (BBP) Safety Training Video written by industry professionals
- Bloodborne Pathogens PowerPoint Presentation for classroom use
- OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.1030 compliant content
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
- Bloodborne Pathogens (BBP) supplemental printouts
After completing this training, workers will be certified in the OSHA Standard 29 CFR 1910.1030 and should be able to apply its standards to workplace hazards and situations.
Who should take this course?
New healthcare employees during general orientation or give to current staff as a refresher course or to train the trainer. This training is suitable for all workers in the healthcare industry such as administrative staff, nurses, doctors, home healthcare workers and nursing assistants.
The following are free previews of the Blood-borne Pathogens for Healthcare Training videos: