Healthcare workers rely on their backs for many of their daily tasks. Workplace back injuries are costly, painful, and common. In fact, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, more than one million workers suffer a back injury on the job each year and one out of every five injury at work is back related.
Healthcare workers must lift, transfer, and move patients with proper form that protects both their delicate back and the patients.
This training is designed to make back injury prevention on the job simple and emphasizes the importance of proper technique, good posture and injury prevention while transferring patients, lifting, twisting, and reaching.
Back Safety for Healthcare Training Class Topic Overview:
- Anatomy of the back
- Causes of back pain
- Proper lifting, transfer and carrying techniques
- Equipment for safe lifting procedures
- Helpful back safety guidelines
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials for running successful training, including:
- 12-minute Back Safety in Healthcare training video
- Back Safety in Healthcare PowerPoint Presentation for classroom use
- OSHA General Duty Clause compliant
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
- Safe Lifting Supplemental Documents
After completing this training course workers can be certified that they understand the OSHA General Duty Clause on back safety.
Who should take this course?
New employees in the healthcare industry, including doctors, nurses, medical assistants, home health care, and even administrative staff at clinics, hospitals, and medical offices. This training is also suitable for refresher courses or to train the trainer on back safety in healthcare.