Aerial lift platforms such as boom lifts, scissor lifts and stock pickers, are called mobile elevating work platforms or MEWPs. MEWPs can be found in a variety of work settings and industries and are seen as a safer, easier way to perform work at high elevations over scaffolds or ladders.
In June 2020, new requirements stated in ANSI 92.22 for MEWP Safe Use went into effect. These new guidelines enhance worker and workplace safety protocols and protections for workplaces that utilize aerial lifts.
Aerial and Scissor Lift (MEWP) Safe Use Training Class Topic Overview:
- Terminology and MEWP classifications
- Equipment changes
- Safe use plan
- Retention of records
- Maintenance, inspections and repairs
- Frequent, annual, and pre-start inspections
- Risk assessment
- Qualifications and training
- Worksite inspections
Our easy-to-use video kit provides all the necessary materials for a successful training, including:
- 18-minute Aerial Platforms and Scissor Lifts (MEWP) Safe Use featuring the most recent 2019 ANSI 92.24 MEWP standards
- MEWP Training PowerPoint Presentation for classroom use
- Printable documents, including:
- Training outline
- Compliance Manual
- Completion Certificate & Wallet Cards / ID card
- Attendance Log / Sign-In Form
- Employee Quiz and Answer Key
- MEWP Safe Use Supplemental Document
After completing this training, workers will be certified in their knowledge of ANSI 92.24 MEWP Safe Use and able to apply what they learned while operating an aerial lift or working in its vicinity.
Who should take this course?
Any worker who works with or near aerial lifts, scissor lifts or mobile elevated work platforms, as well as members of supervisory staff. This video kit can also be used to train the trainer. Refresher courses should also be given to all employees who are not up to date on the recent standard changes that took effect in June 2020.